02 December 2022
Unilabs Announces a New Board of Directors
Geneva, 2 December 2022: Unilabs, a leading diagnostic services provider, has announced today the appointment of a new Board of Directors after A.P. Moller Holding’s acquisition completion in March this year. Focus is to have a set of world-class individuals with a unique combination of experiences and skills.
Marc Engel has been appointed new Chairman: “As a highly trusted industry leader in laboratory, imaging, and pathology diagnostics, Unilabs is at the forefront of digitalisation, quality, and innovation. Diagnostics is at the heart and start of every effective treatment and, increasingly, at the heart of illness prevention. Through its CARE BIG – with integrity – mantra, Unilabs aims to bring more and better diagnostics access to more people,” said Marc Engel, Chair of the Board. “I am honoured to have been appointed as the Chair of the new Board, comprised of esteemed colleagues who bring rich experience, diverse insights, and a wealth of subject matter expertise. I am grateful to the owners for their belief in our ability to enable Unilabs to achieve its fullest potential. With its passionate, talented, and committed thousands of people, I am confident the company will go from strength to strength.”
Unilabs is one of Europe’s leading diagnostics companies, offering a complete range of laboratory, pathology, and imaging services to patients across four continents. Unilabs invests heavily in technology, equipment, and people – using digital technologies in its state-of-the-art laboratories and imaging institutes to improve the lives of close to 100 million people every year.
A leading digital champion covering the full diagnostic spectrum, Unilabs is designing its diagnostic processes around AI because getting better, faster results to patients can help to improve outcomes.
“We are thrilled to count on the support of our new Board of outstanding professionals. Their vast and complementary experience, strong profiles, and purpose-driven mindset will be tremendous assets to help us fulfil our aspiration. Together, we aim to build the most digitally-driven diagnostics group, enabling better decisions for a healthier tomorrow,” said Unilabs’ CEO, Michiel Boehmer, and continues: “On behalf of my executive team and all my Unilabs colleagues, I can truly say that we are excited and looking forward to making this journey together with our new board and A.P. Moller Holding with their long-term ownership which will allow us to build a robust platform from which we can accelerate our growth.”
The new Board of Directors consists of:
- Marc Engel, Chairman of the Board. Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of AP Moller Maersk, member of the Board of Directors of ACT Commodities, member of the Supervisory Board of IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative, and member of the Executive Advisory Board of Zero.
- Johan Lilliehöök, Vice Chairman of the Board. Managing Director, A.P. Moller Holding and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Iv3 Aqua Holding.
- Badhri Srinivasan, Head, Global Clinical Operations, Novartis, member of the Global Leadership Team of Novartis (GLT), member of the Innovation Management Board (IMB) of Novartis, and Vice Chairman of TransCelerate, an industry consortium of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies.
- Gilbert Achermann, Chairman of Straumann, member of the Board of Julius Baer, Chairman of Ypsomed, member of the Board of greenTEG, and member of the Supervisory Board of the IMD Lausanne.
- Martin Nørkjær Larsen, CFO, A.P. Moller Holding, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Maersk Product Tankers and Navigare Capital Partners, Vice Chair and Chair Audit Committee of Assuranceforeningen SKULD (Gjensidige) and member of the Board of Maersk Tankers and A.P. Moller Capital.
- Michael Reitermann, member of the Board of Directors of Enigma Biomedical Group, member of the Board of Directors of Ascom Holding AG and Alpha9 Theranostics and Cofounder and member of the Board of Directors of Samplify.
- Corine Raoux-Fontanet, Independent Board Director. Corine was Head of Nestle Group Audit, CFO of Nespresso, Deputy Head of Nestle M&A, member of the Board and Head of the Audit committee of Schenk Holding.
- Pia Marions, Group CFO, Skandia, member of the Board and Chair Audit Committee of Vitrolife, and member of the Board and Chair Audit Committee of Duni Group. Pia Marions will join the board in the second quarter of 2023.